Wednesday, August 22, 2007

birthdays or begetting days?

I do not know, which one to celebrate. Honestly the thought of celebrating makes me homesick! Besides there is that feeling of loss of childhood, and emotions run high.

I was one of those kids who remained shut in a room on their birthday, lamenting the loss of another year of life, and the approach of adulthood. Now I realize why I did so. There is a tendency in us to prevail in the present and resist changes. The degree of it varies from the conservatism to fundamentalism. The forms of conservatism vary from that old lady who tries to appear young, to the person who practices and preaches radical religious ideas. This tendency to resist change are seen at places where it is required to revert to old agrarian way and at places where the change influxed by western ideas in the oriental societies are met with resistance. Have anyone wondered the reasons for that? Although I mention only two ends of a spectrum, the human tendency to resist change is universal. The reasons need to be investigated further.

Now coming back to the point, I have got rid of the habit of moping by myself. And I am debating on whether I should or shouldn't celebrate my begetting day next year. That is my not so formulated plan for some embarrassing conversations with my parents ;)

No comments: