Monday, August 06, 2007

Guess what?

I am too lazy to write my own story, after building a world of its own. So what, I am making an effort to express. This is the latest thing I wrote other than corrections to my thesis:) It is set in Tolkien's mythological world, and is about the progression of life. This is just the beginning of a poem and the title is The Carver by the Lake. The lines, which you might think are in a strange language are simply the translation in Sindarin, an imaginary language by Tolkien. :D
So whatever you think, feel free to comment.


The Carver by the Lake


Epë i Nothril istas,
(Even) before the Weaver(Vairë) knew,

Io ennas, i Daerceredir nef i ael !
There once was, The
Carver by the Lake!

Sui Mudas, ara forvo În
As He carved,
by His side was

Angol În, cened sai pain!
His Wisdom,
witnessing it all!!



“Dîno a lasto!
Be Still and
Hark!

Sui iChwest thuia thar lhorn!
As The gentle wind
breathes over still waters!

Tira i vîw rhinc, a rincir!..”
See the little ripples, and they stir!..


Rest of the poem will be posted once I finish it. Hmm, when will that be?

No comments: